Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Josie!!

Hard to believe it has been 4 years since Josie has cane into our lives. In her short time here on earth she has taught us so many invaluable lessons, and given us so much love. She has endured 9 surgeries and all the while been (for the most part) happy and cheerful. If you would have told me 4 years ago how much she would change my life, I wouldn't even of begun to understand what you were talking about.

She made me cherish each day with her, the relish in every tiny accomplishment and every HUGE achievement. She taught me how to stand up for what is right, and realize that will trust and faith all things are possible. I have had people tell me that I would have to accomadate josie and when she grows up, she may not go to college or have a career....those people used to bother me, now I pity them. I pity their closemindedness, the fact that they do not see beyond the face. Because hear me now and hear my loud and clear, I HAVE NO DOUBT JOSIE WILL DO GREAT THINGS.

She is the smartest little girl, not too mention the bravest. She is driven to do whatever she wants, and will figure out a way to to do, not matter what! Of course she has the loudest cheerleaders at her side. Most of all her brother Brendan.

So on the eve of her fourth birthday I will continue to educate people on craniofacial syndromes and I vow to (try) not to let other peoples opinion of Josie dampen my spirits. Because in my heart of hearts I know that josie is here on earth to do great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment