Saturday, September 19, 2009

Let the craziness begin

It is official, school is here and so are the birthday party invite, parent night invites, skating parties, PTA, fundraisers, homework....

All in all kids are adjusting well. Brendan is learning that in the second grade HE is responsible for his work and completion and parent checking his work, not US. He is also excited that his teacher has therapy dogs that she brings to school and he even got to "adopt" a dog for the year. He thinks his teacher is so nice she will never yell at them, and that she knows they are all so smart. He is a goofball!! And for the first time tonight Mark let him ride his bike to his friend Marky's house for his birthday party. He is only a couple of blocks, but he is MY baby! I can remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. I remember being so scared when my water broke, that I was having a baby?, who me?? that couldn't be. But now I can barely remember my life without him, he is one silly kid!

Josie is loving school and finally the BUS! She really seems to be flourishing. She is not talking a ton at school, but i am sure in time they will not be able to shut her up. Everyday when we ask what she did at school she says "nuttin" yep, the typical kid answer, too funny!

Max (the dog) still tries to test me, but I am learning how to train him and have him respect me, thanks to my hubby (and cesar milan--the dog wishperer).

Hockey started, so that means mark is gone a few nights a week and the motrin bottle will be half empty all winter. Hope he does not have such a rough season this year, but boys will be boys!

I for one am gearing up for scrapbooking this fall and winter! I am in desperate need of getting some work done and look forward to girl talk. I am hoping to get a handle on my weight/diet this winter. I just do not have the motiviation and I do not know why. Now that things with josie have slowed down, and not so stressful with all the surgeries I would have thought it would be easier, but not so much. Not sure what my deal is, I guess I am in some kind of funk. I will be 36 on tuesday, which means i will officially be closer to 40 than 30 and that is so crazy/scary to me. When my mom turned 40 I was in college. My kids will be 11 and 7! I do not feel almost 40, athough my grey hair looks it, but thanks to sally's hair suppy and good hair dye, no one has to know that.

In october Mark and I will be married 8 years, I guess maybe I am a grown up, scary isn't it??

I will leaving you with some pics from our recent girls trip to the apple orchard! Josie had a blast and loved posing for pictures!

Here she is licking the cinnamon/sugar from her donut off her fingers!


Enjoying conversation with nene sue and mommy


Asking me to take a picture of her feet

Smelling the sunflowers


Playing in the hay maze

What a fun day!!

2 comments:

  1. I saw your post on Mckmama's forum. Your daughter is beautiful!

    Many blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy time! I have got to get some scrapbooking done, but I've found that I blog way more than I scrap these days. BTW, I LOVE the feet picture...such a kid thing to ask...I would NEVER ask someone to take a picture of my feet! lol You have a beautiful family! Enjoy the season!
    ~amy
    ps-saw you on my blogfrog ;o)

    ReplyDelete